Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You just can't buy this kind of publicity...


I was in line at the Compass Bank on South Congress Avenue in Austin yesterday. Minding my own business, thinking about the huge list of errands I had to get done and hoping that I'd be done with my deposit quickly. I was next in line behind this guy, who had just finished robbing the bank. So I got to spend more than an hour waiting to tell the police that the suspect was unshaven, wearing what appeared to be a sweater/jacket and women's sunglasses.

Plus, this picture of me appeared in the Austin American-Statesman, implying to all the world that I am a suspected bank robber. Thank you to all those who emailed me your very amusing comments.

No thanks to those of you who turned me in to Crime Stoppers. Your reward will not be in cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home