Sunday, February 04, 2007

Every One's a Winner, Babe...


As a kid growing up in El Paso in the 70s, I used to take the city bus downtown a lot before I had my license. One afternoon, I saw a woman who appeared to be very old carrying three large bags from one of the many "por libra" (per pound) used clothing stores that line the streets of downtown El Paso. As she boarded the red bus that would take her back to Ciudad Juarez, I noticed she was wearing an "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt. I'd be willing to bet she did not speak English, much less have any idea what the writing on her shirt meant. Lots of people have wonderful sites devoted to the joy that non-English speaking people get from wearing shirts with English on them. But I was glad to hear about Reebok and the NFL making sure that whoever loses this year's Super Bowl will live as winners in a land far, far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home